Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brief thoughts on computers

I dusted out my PC yesterday for the first time in about a year. I think I need a new rule to clean it on the equinoxes or something so that I remember to do it at least twice a year. It was really bad. Unsurprisingly, now it's running a lot cooler.

I've been thinking that I want to be a better nerd and I want to learn how to build my own PC. Right now I sort of know about it, but I want to know about it specifically. So if anyone has some books or internets to recommend that are a good beginner's guide to hardware, I'd appreciate that. 

And since we're talking computers, I updated my linux to the new distro (kawaii koala or whatever the fuck kind of koala it is) and now my sound won't work at all. Super irritating. I tried a few fixes that I found on linux forums, but nothing work. I'm thinking that my sound card isn't supported, which is shitty. At least I have windows to fall back on, but it is still a disappointment. I'm thinking about learning some more about running linux, but I don't really know that I want to invest that much time in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment