Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A continuing series on things I find to be stupid

Here is the description of a DVD from Netflix.

Lovers of the Arctic Circle

The moment they meet, 8-year-olds Ana and Otta know they have a special connection. After all, their names are both palindromes--spelled the same whether they're read forward or backward--and each has a parent looking for a mate. But when their families finaly meld, the two children, now young adults realize that they, too, may share a romantic destiny.


So what is wrong with this, you may ask (other than the suggestion of step-incest)? My problem is that there are apparently enough people out there who do not understand what a fucking palindrome is. Way to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I know, it seems kind of stupid. but hey, I can rant about whatever I want on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment