Monday, April 2, 2007

Not Who I Used to Be

Thinking about how I am right now, today, this instant, I feel almost totally different from who I was 6 or even one or two years ago. However, I must be at least somewhat like the person I was, obviously there are certain constants in my personality (bookish recluse who gets off on being socially odd? Something like that), and some presumed constants, I wonder if they were latent or I repressed them to fit into being Mormon. The main reason I'm thinking about this is becuase I feel like I've fallen out of touch with most people. Granted, I'm terrible at staying in touch, but i was wondering if people stopped talking to me or I stopped talking to them. Maybe now I'm too different than how I was when we were friends? Maybe some people don't socialize with non-mormons? Idle musings....

I suppose if i wasn't a different person now than I was years ago, that would be awful. It would mean I hadn't learned anything from my experiences.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this? Underdeveloped thoughts for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment