Monday, January 1, 2007

On New Years Day

On the one hand, I feel like I should make a resolution, but on the other, why would I only decide to do things one day out of the whole year? That's completely stupid. Furthermore, no one even follows through with their resolutions so it is doubly pointless.

This week is going to be interesting. Tomorrow is my dreaded Arabic placement test and I'm about saturated with studying. I think I remembered everything I knew, but the problem will be putting it into essay format. As more than one professor has informed me, I have a problem with paying attention to the details. Wednesday will be my first day of school, which includesthe famed "sects and violence" class and intro to phonetics. I really am hoping to meet some interesting people here because I haven't really had nearby friends since I was in Egypt.

I have to get good grades this year becuase grad schools start caring during the junior year. And I have to have at least a 3.0 GPA to get into grad school. I should be fine, but knowing that there's a standard now is a little bit daunting.

I've been feeling very un-lazy lately, so at least I'm off to a good start. And might I add, Seattle is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment