Monday, July 23, 2007

I got kind of tired of blogging for a while; felt like I didn't have much to say. I still don't really but that's okay.

I've been working 30ish hours a week--still at Cameras West. I tried to quit earlier this month because I got hired for a job as a gallery attendant at the Seattle Art Museum. I did all the paperwork for it, put in my notice at work and then found out that the job didn't exist anymore. Luckily (I guess) they let me stay at the camera store. I suspect this is because only three people work there. One of those people sulks and does nothing all the time (hint: it's not me). It's kind of a drag, but I guess I'm keeping that at least until the school year starts. Maybe I'll quit at christmas and take a few weeks off from school AND work before starting winter quarter. It might be worth it for my sanity. And by that point I'll have had this job for almost a year and will definitely want something less horrible. I actually met with the district manager and my one coworker this week because my coworker has been such an ass. Not much was accomplished, but I guess my coworker is getting written up. I hope he quits/gets fired because he's being an ass.

With my impending Arabic placement test, I've also been studying Arabic quite a lot. I'm about 2/3 through Al-Kitaab book one and I need to finish that book and do half of the second. I've studied pretty hard but this week I'm so burned out on it. I need to study more, but no matter how much I study, I don't feel like it's enough. If I fail this, I'm basically fucked for good this time. I think I'll do well if I keep up with my studying schedule; I've learned a lot already from reviewing. Apparently I have serious problems with learning vocabulary, but I honestly think it just took two years for me to learn how to study arabic. It's not like Spanish or French where I just look over the vocabulary list and pretty much have it down. This takes dedication, but Ihave the ganas. I need to schedule my test soon. I tried to schedule it last month but they said that second year placement tests weren't even on the calendar yet.

In September my dad says he's going to visit. I'm hoping to take a short trip to Portland as well, just to get out of town before school starts so i don't panic and get all clasutrophobic. I want to make sure I keep up with recreational reading when school starts also going to the gym. That's important to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment